Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: pix vs. ios firewall feature set

From: "avraham shir-el (arthur sherman)" <avraham () jct ac il>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:07:16 +0300

for now, i'll be needing 2 firewalls. one <100 stations (but getting close),
and the other of several 100's. these r 2 separate network w/ very limited
datacom betwn them, each w/ multiple subnets w/ their own policies.

i never saw my 2600 router on the small net breathing heavy. don't think
i ever say it at >%10 cpu util.  i'm relatively certain that it won't work
too hard even w/ the fw feature set.

another major concern of mine is multiple learning curves.
how different is the user interface for configuring a policy on a pix box
vs. the ios fw feature set?
if i'm going to be saving only a small amnt of $, and if the configuration
interface is significantly different, then i'll probably end up loosing in
the end.
tnx
ams
avraham shir-el
director of computing center
jerusalem college of technology - machon lev
p. 972-2-675-1163