Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: pix vs. ios firewall feature set

From: "Paul Stewart" <pauls () nexicom net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:21:14 -0400

I posed this question previously and was told that almost all features at
incorporated into the IOS.  The features I use most are in both but I'm sure
there's features that are not in the IOS FW Feature Set.. Kinda wish someone
had a list of what's *not* in the IOS... Anyone? :)

My adoption of using IOS for firewalling has been that of for small clients
(under 100 workstations).... Anything over 100 or so users I use a PIX box
specifically....

Take care,

Paul