Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia and spam rate - OFF TOPIC FOR FW..DEAD ON FOR SECURITY

From: Paul Robertson <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:08:30 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Chad Schieken wrote:

I agree with Brad, and I've never worked @ the NSA. James Banford has found

Add me to the list of people who've never worked at NSA...

lot's of things that the NSA has done wrong in the past, but when asked, he
will tell you that he does not believe that the NSA monitors US traffic. I

There has been some speculation in the past that (whatever former UKUSA
countries are now labled) foreign analysts are at a US station
(speculation used to be Vint Hill Farms- your raving parnoia may vary) to
do such monitoring.  It's not immediately obvious that such a ploy wouldn't
be advantageous to secure monitoring rights in other's countries.  Yes, it's
speculative, but I don't think it's all that unreasonable speculation.
Anyway, without that, we'd have to talk about Checkpoint...

would chalk this one up there with the "Mossad/Israelis have a backdoor in
FW-1".

YM "Still[1] have a backdoor in FW-1," HTH, HAND.

Oh, I guess we have to talk about them too anyway ;)

Paul
[1] Yes, it's *now* an approved product, but us raving paranoids love
historical precedent.