Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia and spam rate - OFF TOPIC FOR FW..DEAD ON FOR SECURITY

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:43:58 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Brad Van Orden wrote:

This paranoia has got to stop.  My last active duty station was at NSA.
I can tell you they do not intercept any electro-magnetic traffic in the
USA.  In addition, when decoding intercepted transmissions overseas, if
it is discovered that a US citizen originated the traffic, they must
stop working on it.  This is US law and it is rigidly adhered to.

I would be more concerned with others intercepting my e-mail than the
NSA.

Right, such as the NSA's partner countries who do the interception of the
US citizens' communications for them.

                                        Ryan