Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Centrally managed firewalls

From: Jan van Rensburg <jan.van.rensburg () epiuse com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:40:39 +0200

Hi,

Does anyone know of a firewall solution for multiple firewalls at diverse geographic locations? Say we have locations A, B and C all connected by leased lines. Each location has a LAN, DMZ and maybe some other zones. You want all the LANs to be able to communicate with each other without restriction and only make connections to other places on the Internet according to a couple of rules. Apart from that each firewall will have its own rules about what to allow to the DMZ, for example. I want all the firewalls to be managed from a central location that pushes new rules to the firewalls. Does anyone have experience with something like this?

Thank you,
Jan van Rensburg