Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Centrally managed firewalls

From: Patrick Sweeney <SweeneyP () mascorp com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:31:01 -0700

CheckPoint, StoneGate, NetScreen, and GNATbox come immediately to mind,
though there are certainly others.  CheckPoint and StoneGate offer a
centralized policy model, wherein policy for remote sites is maintained (and
stored) at a management station, and pushed out to the remote(s).  I think
NetScreen was on the verge of offering that as well, but even so, both
NetScreen and and GNATbox offer remote management too... it's just that the
policy lives just on the remote(s).

Should you want VPN capability somewhere down the road, each also has VPN
options.

   http://www.checkpoint.com
   http://www.stonesoft.com
   http://www.netscreen.com
   http://www.gta.com

You might want to poke around in the SANS reading room:
   http://rr.sans.org/firewall/firewall_list.php

Standard disclaimer:  I have no affiliation with any of the vendors, but I
use each of the ones I've mentioned.  Each has its plusses and minuses.

- Patrick Sweeney