Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Centrally managed firewalls

From: m p <sumirati () yahoo de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:00:32 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Jan van Rensburg <jan.van.rensburg () epiuse com> schrieb: > Hi,
I want all the firewalls to be managed from a central location
that pushes new rules to the firewalls. Does anyone have experience with
something like this?

Thank you,
Jan van Rensburg

Hi Jan,

it would help, if you can tell the firewall you are using. :)

For Checkpoint FW-1 there is a central managment server.
For the cisco PIX there is a GUI where you can also save the config local - so
you can create something like a managment server (perhaps it is better now,
last time I used a PIX is 3 years ago).

For the opensource firewalls (ipfilter from Darren Reed, FreeBSDs ifpw,
OpenBSDs pf and Linux iptables/ipchains) there are some projects in different
state of completing. Take a look at www.sourceforge.net for the most of them.

Hope that helps

Marc