Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

bridging enterprise hardware firewall

From: luke () setel com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:02:43 -0500

I'm investigating various commercial firewall solutions for a client
at the moment.  Currently their branch offices are behind OpenBSD
3.0 firewalls operating in transparent bridging mode.
We've discussed moving to a commercial firewall solution for all
branches (mostly because of management desires), and I'm looking at
a variety of products at the moment.  Ideally, we would still like
to stick w/ a transparent bridging solution to avoid addressing and
routing complications that would otherwise be introduced.  We're
currently looking at Nokia IPSO devices, but I am unaware if that
product line can be used in the same way.

So basically my question is, what enterprise integrated firewall
products are capable of similar functionality at this point?

TIA

--
PGP Key ID = DEC7301B