Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Nokia interview questions

From: Andrew Huffer <Andrew.Huffer () tellabs com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:55:56 -0500 (CDT)

Subba:

Nokia run IPSO BSD.  The basics behind Checkpoint are the same.  However,
there are characteristics of IPSO that force FW-1 to act somewhat
differently than other OS platforms.  A good example of this is firewall
flows that are available in IPSO.

The bottom line....there are enough differences between ISPO FW-1 and
Solaris, etc...that you should take note.  However, the basic
functionality should be the same.

If you have already purchased Nokia stuff, you should have access to
http://support.nokia.com.  This has lots of good info on FW-1 and it's
relationship to IPSO -- especially the knowledge base.

/ahuffer/

--
Andrew.Huffer () tellabs com
Systems Security, GIS

PGP Key fingerprint =  41 4D 51 0C E7 8E 2D FD  68 0C EF 4B 5F F5 5A 0A