Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall/VPN

From: Evan Wagner <ewagner () Radix Net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:55:08 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

Where I work we implemented Altiga/Cisco VPN concentrators with the
3DES IPSec client (note: new client software release is coming very soon
and the beta stuff works well on Win9x, NT 4.0 WS and 2K professional). My
predecessor chose Raptor on NT for firewalling and we are in the process
replacing them (as the servers approach end of relaible service) with PIX
firewalls.

Overall I'm happy with the VPN solution and the PIXes. Authentication
works fine to our NT network through the VPN concentrators. We've defined
a number of LAN to LAN VPN tunnels on the Raptor boxen for redundancy and
we are slowly migrating them over to the Cisco VPN concentrators. We also
use VPN tunnels as backup for our Frame Relay network and it works well.

Let me know if you have further questions about this solution.

Regards,

--Evan