Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewall/VPN

From: "Tony Chryseliou" <tonychryseliou () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 10:21:42 -0500

Greetings:

I've worked with Checkpoint VPN-1 products in the past and I'm looking to implement a firewall and VPN for a client. The things I like about the CP product were:

1. The ability to use the OS password (NT4) for the user's VPN client software, I believe this is called pass-through authentification.

2. Auto-updating of the main LAN network topology sent down to the VPN client once logged in. What I mean by this is that if NAT'ed network objects were defined on the firewall/VPN-gateway, they were automatically added to the topology file that gets downloaded to the client.

My question is, is there other products out there (preferably hardware based) that have similar features to these? I really want to get away from Checkpoint, because of cost, lousy support, and flakiness.

All insights appreciated.