Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Sizing a firewall

From: Bill_Royds () pch gc ca
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:42:09 -0500

I work for another Canadia government agency with about 4000 ~ 5000 users  (Hi
Walt:-)). Are usage is about 10-12 GB /day over a T1+of which about 25% is our
webserver traffic, 10% is email traffic and rest internal users going out to
Internet. This saturates the Internet link at peak time of day (internal network
is 100mbit Ethernet to Internet router).  The application proxy firewall is not
the bottleneck but Internet connection is.
  Since this is a government department with 5x users, scaling would say a T1 is
very inadequate. so it probably will be completely saturated in short order.

Walt Sullivan <walt () trytel com> on 99/12/29 18:18:51

Please respond to Walt Sullivan <walt () trytel com>