Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewalls - ITSEC Rating?

From: Craig Martin <craigmartin_fahnt () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 03:42:25 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

At present I am looking after a CyberGuard NT Firewall
(running on Dell Poweredge 2300 with 256Mb RAM) and
have had quite a bit of hassle with it on and off for
quite sometime now.

My major problem is I need to allow a telnet session
to run on port 319 instead of 23.  But although I have
finally managed to get this working, it is almost
impossible to repeat this using identical H/W & S/W.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Also, I may have to look at an alternative solution
due to the lack of stability / reliability of the
current F/W.

Could someone possibly explain the difference between
a Firewall that is ITSEC rated and a F/W that is
not?...Am I correct in saying that Firewall-1 for
example is not ITSEC rated?...Seems strange.

Please excuse this query if it seems a tad weak/"lame"

Many Thanks In Advance,

Craig.