Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Nokia/Checkpoint firewall

From: "Starkey, Kyle" <Kyle.Starkey () msdw com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:10:54 -0800

Daniel,
I don't now about the specifics of the hardware inside the Nokia's, but we
bought IP650 and replaced SUN E250's.  We saw 3 times the packets being
processed on the Nokia's running the SAME rule set.  I would say that the
slimlined, BSB kernal is well tuned to inspect and forward packets.  This
was out of the box and I believe with a bit of policy tuning I can see a 4x
multiplier on the Nokias.

-Kyle
InfoSec
MSDW Online