Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IP Spoofing.

From: Carric Dooley <carric () com2usa com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:06:30 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry, but your boss is wrong.  Get web ferret (it's free) and search for
IP spoofing.  Why would they call it IP spoofing if you couldn't spoof an
IP address?  You typicall have to do it blindly (thus the expression
"blind spoofing"), IOW, you spoof a host, but do not get the response, you
guess or assume the response and proceed accordingly.  Also look up
session hi-jacking.

Carric Dooley CNE
COM2:Interactive Media
http://www.com2usa.com

"In theory, there is no difference between theory
and practice. But, in practice, there is. "
                        - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut