Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IP Spoofing.

From: altellez () ip6seguridad com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:16:38 +0200

El dia Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 06:31:35PM -0700, Christopher C. Petro escribió:
Ok, this is probably not the kind of request that most of you will
want to answer, but I just got in an argument with my boss about IP
spoofing. He claims it is not possible to spoof an IP number, whilst
I am almost certain it is.

Could anyone provide me with a link or pointer to information that I
could use to prove him wrong, or to information that proves me wrong?

        it is easy ... go to altavista and search ip spoofing ;)
        a lot of DoS are spoofed ( teardrop, newtear, udpflood, smurf ... )
        Look for them

Thanks.
--
We have only come here seeking knowledge
Things they would not teach us of in college.--The Police

http://www.atypon.com                              petro () atypon com

--
Saludos.

   Alfonso Lazaro Tellez        altellez () ip6seguridad com
   Analista de seguridad
   IP6Seguridad                 http://www.ip6seguridad.com
   Tfno: +34 91-3430245         C\Alberto Alcocer 5, 1 D
   Fax:  +34 91-3430294         Madrid ( SPAIN )