Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Firewall(s) "maxed" out

From: JSK <jsk347 () sprynet com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:28:41 -0400

Sharon:

I'll be the first to say I've not looked at this 'visto' till just
now, and I only took a peek at it.  I can't figure much about them
from their web site, but I would have a REAL SERIOUS CONCERN with
users having their (sometimes sensitive) company e-mail sent to an
outside location, where it can be hacked/read/snooped/sniffed (blah
blah) by anyone.  Have you looked at this 'background' job your users
run to see what ELSE it might be sending out?  How secure is it? Has
anyone looked at the code to see what it is really doing?

You spend a lot of money maintaining firewalls to keep the outside
world at bay. You try to ensure that your confidential internal
e-mail's regarding the complany business STAY confidential.  Are you
sure policy allows this?  It SEEMS like this would not be a good thing
to me.  Call me wild and crazy...not to mention just plain paranoid!

JSK