Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Geography of an IP Address

From: "Parker, Gary W" <Gary.W.Parker () usa xerox com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 06:24:33 -0400

VisualRoute is a cute tool that does the traceroute and plots it on a
worldmap at the same time.  They have a live demo available on their
webpage: http://www.visualroute.com/.  Again, it's only as close as the data
recorded for each ISP and any known for their individual pieces of
equipment, but it certainly helps you establish which continent you're
dealing with, and can identify (with clickable links) the intermediate ISPs
for hops along the way.  It lets you do a WHOIS query on both endpoints, and
a lot of the hops along the way.  Neat tool.

-GWP