Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Scans Observed by Officer Friendly

From: Randy Grimshaw <rgrimsha () mailbox syr edu>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 13:19:56 -0400 (EDT)

I appreciate everyone's feedback regarding this observed scan. When I
wrote, I was confused by a DNS failure, apparently temporary, such that
nslookup didn't successfully resolve the address.

I have written to abuse () rr com and included the *full* logs. What I got
back was an automated response that effectively says thank-you, now go
away... which may be all that I can expect. We (at Syracuse) DO follow
through and "smack" people but I can't say that we always respond to the
original complaint with any follow through.

<><Randall Grimshaw, Network Programmer, Syracuse University, 315-443-5779