Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Scans Observed by Officer Friendly

From: Denise Lucas <denise_lucas () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 07:59:33 -0700 (PDT)

Looks like cable modems are scanned hourly.  I've got
one and Back Officer Friendly has popped up with three
BO ping sweeps in just the last three hours.  @home
doesnt' appear to have a very proactive policy about
hackers either.  I reported a break in to my home
computer last week and I still haven't heard from
them.

Is there any way to set a trap for the hackers so that
we can capture their real ip?

--- Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au> wrote:
In some email I received from Randy Grimshaw, sie
wrote:

Where would the address 24.93.46.49 be comming
from?

24.* are typically cable-internet blocks of IP
addresses.

===

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however
improbable, must be the truth.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle