Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Scans Observed by Officer Friendly

From: Bill_Royds () pch gc ca
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 20:11:33 -0400

You should send a message to the ISP that hosts this address. Do a whois on IP
number at whois.arin.net

%whois -h whois.arin.net =216.75.8.81

Trying 216.75.8 at ARIN
Web America Networks (NETBLK-WANS-BLK1)
   17250 Dallas Parkway
   Dallas, TX 75248
   US

   Netname: WANS-BLK1
   Netblock: 216.75.0.0 - 216.75.63.255
   Maintainer: WANS

   Coordinator:
      Hostmaster  (HO-ORG-ARIN)  hostmaster () WANS NET
      972-738-6000

   Domain System inverse mapping provided by:

   NS1.WANS.NET   216.75.0.4
   NS2.WANS.NET   216.75.0.3
   NS3.WANS.NET   216.75.0.1
   NS4.WANS.NET   216.75.0.2

   ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE

   Record last updated on 03-Dec-98.
   Database last updated on 21-May-99 16:15:32 EDT.

The ARIN Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet
Network Information: Networks, ASN's, and related POC's.
Please use the whois server at rs.internic.net for DOMAIN related
Information and nic.mil for NIPRNET Information.

It indicates that it from Texas as well, perhaps Austin again.

"Jason Ostrom" <jason_ostrom () ins com> on 05/22/99 01:39:22 AM

Please respond to "Jason Ostrom" <jason_ostrom () ins com>