Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Interesting DNS Traffic

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

A lot of these are coming from machines that are themselves proxy
servers and firewalls, which I infer from the reverse DNS lookups (the
names usually contain "fw" or "proxy"). One of them had the name
"fw1.etc.etc.", so this may be some "feature" of Checkpoint.

Or, as with ours, it may be just FW #1 in a series [collect the whole
set!  ;-)].  We don't use Checkpoint.  So, when discussing this
particular firewall with various people from its vendor, we have to
clarify what we're talking about.  ;-}

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B