Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

High availability

From: Sandy Green <sand232 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 07:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

How does the HA solution work. ie when there is a
change over from the primary to secondary, the IP
addresses are swapped over to the secondary.

which IP addresses are swapped ? the external as
well as the internal. or only the external.
what about the arp cache ? what about the mapping
of MAC address to IP address of the internal IP
addresses ?

In short I need to understand the working of a
HA solution. The white papers in the sites like
stonebeat only talk about it superficially.

I asked this question in the Checkpoint mail list
but did not get a satisfactory answer as yet.

thanks