Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: CISSP Certification

From: Bill Stackpole <bstackpole () orminc com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 17:35:41 -0700

The CISSP is a seven year old certification aimed toward IS security
managers.  It is administered by an international consortium of security
organizations know as IISSCC or (ISC)2 for short.  There web site
(www.isc2.org) has information on the exam, sites and dates.  There's a
study guide available.

Last year the exam was given in the US, Canada, Mexico, Finland and the U.K.
It's 250 questions covering 10 knowledge areas.  Candiates have 6 hours to
complete it.  It only took me 5 hrs and 58 minutes!