Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IDS data collection _outside_ of a firewall

From: "John Kozubik" <john_kozubik_dc () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:03:24 PST

who cares how many people stopped at the red light?  they stopped, >end
of story, see ya.  it's the jerks who ran it that you are interested
in
... as one very large retail customer once told me "what could I
possibly care about that which does not help or hinder us selling
socks?"

Great.  As long as the data and mission you are charged with is as
critical and sensitive as selling socks, you should have no problem.  It
sounds to me that the data and mission of many here could be considered
even less important, judging from their flippant attitudes toward
securing data and resources.

Some of us, however, are protecting things other than socks.

kozubik - John Kozubik - john_kozubik () hotmail com
PGP DSS: 0EB8 4D07 D4D5 0C28 63FE  AD87 520F 57BE 850B E4C4