Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: DMZ, defined.

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 19:11:53 -0500 (EST)

Personally, I still think that service network is a usefull term for
describing a 3rd leg off of a firewall. Now, I won't say that folks
can't _also_ call it a DMZ, just that a more specific term can help
communicate more effectively. Something can be both a bird and an
eagle.

Or, in this particular case, a network leg available to multiple sides
can be called a "service network", and can also be PART OF the DMZ as
defined by the Blessed Bellovin.  ;-)

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-A/B