Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: VPN solution needed (linux<->win32) or (nt<->win32)

From: "Shaun Moran" <Shaun () TheMorans Com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:56:49 +1000

As far as commercial solution are involved - I'm pretty impressed with the
Aventail Connection solution - It uses socks5 with the Data SSL encrypted.

The beauty of this is that the VPN tunnel works through NAT devices and even
HTTP proxy server if you want. The downside seems that it only has Windows
Clients (you can use standard UNIX socks client minus the crypto) and that
it is a Client-Server VPN only. Unlike IPSEC which is anything-anything.

Shaun

Ps - don't have - never have - probably never will work for aventail - just
reporting what I think and my views reflect no one elses - really !!!