Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: OT - Rant on State of S/w Engr (was Re: Buffer Overruns)

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:53:12 -0500

Gerald Weinberg, author of "The Psychology of Computer Programming"
[recommended!], said it best a quarter of a century ago.

"If we built buildings the way we write programs, the first woodpecker
to come along would destroy civilization."

;-)

[ Seen more recently in unattributed form.  ;-( ]

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B