Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Buffer Overruns

From: sean.kelly () lanston com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:01:09 -0500

From: Michael Kelly [mailto:michaelkelley () home com]

 Any news good or bad about Opera? We have to ditch IE now
according to
our customer. There are some bugs on the customers website
that show up when you use IE.
 I'm thinking about trying Opera out for the hell of it.

IMO Opera is functionally the best browser around.  The interface, however,
leaves a lot to be desired.  I can't say I understand getting rid of one of
the top 2 browsers because they don't know how to write HTML properly,
though.  If you're going to write priprietary code, you normally target one
of the big 2.  Are there other security concerns that influenced the
decision?  All my other complaints about Microsoft aside, I think they make
the best browser around, and are quite good at releasing updates when an
issue is dicovered.

Sean