Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: "Re: a fun new tool from us... & 'Today's occurances' "

From: carson () tla org
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:26:17 -0400 (EDT)

"pmsac" == pmsac  <pmsac () camoes rnl ist utl pt> writes:

pmsac>  They do not, in fact, show the same address. 28 != 29.
pmsac>  Altough I agree with the follow up, there are exceptions.
pmsac>  Small businesses do not care having only one ns on their end:
pmsac>  if their net goes down, there's no point in resolving IPs for
pmsac>  machines that are down (or unreacheable). Just my 0.02$

Not true. If their nameserver is unreachable, e-mail will bounce. If their
nameserver is reachable, but their mail server isn't, e-mail will queue. You
should _always_ have an off-site secondary, unless you don't care about
getting your mail (eventually).

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson () cs columbia edu carson () tla org carson () cugc org
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html