Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: BIND bindings

From: "Joseph S. D. Yao" <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:13:16 -0400 (EDT)

Charles Kaplan asked:
Perhaps I am just looking at this the wrong way, but can anyone think of a
way to run multiple instances of BIND on a multi homed box and have one
version of BIND bind to each interface ?

IE I want to build a tri-homed box with 3 separate/distinct DNS servers
running on it, one on each interface.

I can't believe that I am the first person who wants to do this, yet I
can't find anything like this in the man pages, DNS/BIND book, etc..

Did you know that the Third Edition of Albitz & Liu's DNS & BIND was
just released?  Cf. www.oreilly.com.  It documents how to do this and
many other things in BIND 8.* from www.isc.org, as many others have
already mentioned.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO Computer Support                                          EMT-A/B