Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: BIND bindings

From: James Croall <james () foo org>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:40:45 -0400

At 07:12 PM 9/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
Perhaps I am just looking at this the wrong way, but can anyone think of a
way to run multiple instances of BIND on a multi homed box and have one
version of BIND bind to each interface ?

IE I want to build a tri-homed box with 3 separate/distinct DNS servers
running on it, one on each interface.

I can't believe that I am the first person who wants to do this, yet I
can't find anything like this in the man pages, DNS/BIND book, etc..

BIND 8 supports this; Try adding a line like this to the main options {}
section of your named.conf:

        listen-on port 53 { 24.239.1.12; };  /* The addresses you want to bind()
to */

- James