Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Load Balancing using the Firewall

From: "Andrew J. Luca" <andrewluca () mediaone net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 20:23:39 -0400

Exactly.  A couple of months ago, I got into a rather length discussion
which involved everything but round-robin.  Round robin will allow you to
push some traffic over each link.  However, I would still advocate using a
BGP configuration if you are dual-homed to the Internet.  Most ISP's would
prefer this also, since that can help to minimize some problems that occur
between ISP's when you mis-configure routing.

Drew