Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: A good NAT for Linux

From: "Steven Osman" <sosman () terratron com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:39:48 -0500

Exactly when was NAT added to linux?  This is what happens to a linux user
if he blinks!

I suppose I'd heard of the IP Masquerading, but never looked into it to
realize that it was address translation that they were referring to.

Thanks everyone for the reply, and, for anyone's information, I found a
pretty good howto with people's help, the "Dial-On-Demand" mini-howto.  It
covers on-demand dialup, as well as IP masquerading and more.

Steven