Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Outsourcing firewalls & InfoSec Ops - Part I/II

From: chuck yerkes <Chuck () yerkes com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:44:06 -0500 (EST)

With ISP's (that I would work with) who will host machines (or
give me full access to one of theirs), in my experience these
machines are on a separate segments and usually on a switch - so
sniffing from "my" machine becomes somewhat useless.

But then, I bring this sort of security mind set with me when I
deal with these folks.  When UNNAMED VENDOR had problems with me
putting up an SSH daemon on their machine (they run the OS, the
client fills the web data/cgi scripts), it sort of stopped
negotiations.

Would that all their clients thought the same....