Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Question Regarding Alumni email

From: "Wilson, Lawrence" <lwilson () WPI EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 19:37:34 +0000

We are evaluating alternatives regarding alumni email. Right now we looking at two options:

Option 1: Allow students to keep their current WPI email address when they graduate:  @WPI.edu
Option 2: Require students to change to a new “alumni” email address when they graduate:  @alum.WPI.edu

I would be interested in how alumni email is handled in your institution. Do you use Option 1, Option 2 or Option 3:
None of the above. If you choose Option 3 can you please explain?

Thanks,
Larry Wilson
CISO – Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)