Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Doximity tele-heath alternatives...

From: Denis Burns <denis.burns () MED FSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 18:49:36 +0000

Happy Friday y'all!

First: Standard apology for cross-posting - trying to get as wide an audience as possible.

Thanks to all of you who responded to my questions last month about interacting with Doximity contractually and those
who shared similar privacy concerns.  We will not be engaging with them for clinical services after reading some of the
concerns and lack of flexibility of the vendor.

We are now looking for an alternative that will fit our provider's needs.  They really want to be able to hold
telehealth session with people who may not have computers and live (digitally) out of lower end prepaid phones and may
not even have email addresses.  Think: elderly populations in disadvantaged neighborhoods.

Our university does have Zoom and Zoom-for-Healthcare, but the implementation leaves our providers/faculty confused by
having to switch accounts/personas multiple times per day and the interface/capability doesn't meet all the needs,
especially when it comes to the underserved population.

This leaves us wondering what product that others have *sucessfully* engaged with to offer:

  *   Smaller contracts for 20-30 providers
  *   App for phone number obfuscation on (possibly BYOD) mobile devices
  *   Zero account creation telehealth session (e.g. can text link to underserved population to hold sessions)
  *   Integration with AthenaHealth a plus

I know it is a tight list of requirements.  If your solution hit 3 of the 4 bullets, I'd still like to entertain it.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
-d

Denis Burns
Information Security and Privacy Officer - College of Medicine - Florida State University
(850) 644-3648 - denis.burns () med fsu edu<mailto:denis.burns () med fsu edu>

DO NOT provide your username, password, or any personal information requested by any email.
FSU/MED WILL NEVER ask you for your username or password via email.
DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you are positive the content is safe.