Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Operations Center Management

From: Rich Graves <rcgraves () GMAIL COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 15:44:44 -0600

Insourced versus outsourced are not mutually exclusive. The design pattern we followed with OmniSOC was that local
experts tend to be best at, surprise surprise, situations requiring local knowledge. A third party such as OmniSOC or
Cyber posse or whoever owns SecureWorks nowadays can provide both “air cover” and a steady cadence regardless of your
academic calendar and local emergencies. Obviously one who prefer to only have to pay for one SOC, but for best
results… https://amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/why-not-both-why-dont-we-have-both