Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secure File Upload Solution

From: Ronald Loneker <rloneker () CSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 10:13:28 -0400

We're using a secure file upload service called MyDocsOnline -
https://mydocsonline.com/

It allows us to create separate web pages for departments like Financial
Aid and the Wellness Center and, each department having its own webpage,
allows students to upload to the proper department without the other
departments getting access to sensitive information.

Each department has its own folder that is locked down to that department
only.

They have a larger license but we're just using a 10 user license and I
have it set up by department login to allow maximum departments to use the
service.

Staff login each day, download the documents to our network and empty out
their folder to save space.  We're in the first year of using this and it's
working nicely.  There's a logging feature so you can audit actions in the
system and it's HIPPA compliant.

Ron Loneker, Jr.
Director, IT Special Projects
College of Saint Elizabeth