Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Employees forwarding their email offsite

From: "Larry K. Emmons" <lkemmons () SVSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 18:06:08 +0000

Hi Jonathon,

We are in the process of blocking all Staff and Faculty from forwarding to an external email address.  We plan to allow
Staff and Faculty to forward to an internal email address.  We will allow students to forward.  We are an O365
environment.  As a "policy", this is just beginning to take hold.

One of our System Admins is working on modifying a script he found to enforce the rules.  He has had some success in
testing, but it is not yet perfected for production.

Thank-you,
Larry Emmons
Director of Technology and Support Services
Saginaw Valley State University
www.svsu.edu<http://www.svsu.edu>
mysupport.svsu.edu