Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: [SECURITY] Employees forwarding their email offsite

From: "Spiars, Vince" <0000019c7c272559-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 18:16:04 +0000

We shut down auto-forwarding via Exchange policy. This also, shutdown the ability for Outlook for Windows to forward
and forwarding via OWA.  However, it did NOT shutdown the Outlook for Mac nor AppleMail from allowing in-app forwarding
out of the university to a third-party.  A Transport rule had to be created looking for information in the headers to
stop this from occurring.  If interested I can put you in touch with our primary Exchange admin with whom I worked to
get the solved.

Best,
Vince
Deputy CISO