Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Phish Hunter

From: "Chrisinger, Cory A" <CChrisinger () MADISONCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 21:21:49 +0000

Hello,

I mentioned the Phish Hunter service at the Educause SPC.  The service itself is free (sponsored by Microsoft), but
requires either an A3+Security )365 license or an A5 license.  We are moving to an A5 license as the cost lift from
A3+Security is negated by eliminating our current AV products. The service partner we were assigned through Microsoft
was Enabling Technologies, we were very happy with the results.  The secrete sauce is a series of scripts setting up
various access controls and reporting in your tenant.  Harvard was correct, it’s a 3-4 week engagement, they work with
your team twice a week tweaking the settings and provide a report at the end.  We feel it made a huge difference in the
amount of phishing messages being delivered as well as improved our response time to compromised accounts do to the
reporting.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank You,

Cory Chrisinger
CISO, CISSP ID#581915
Phone: (608) 243-4575
Email: cchrisinger () madisoncollege edu<mailto:cchrisinger () madisoncollege edu>

Want to discuss a technology project? Please contact me, or complete the Technology Services Project
Request<https://madisoncollege365.sharepoint.com/sites/pwaprod/Lists/PMO%20Intake%20Form/NewForm.aspx?Source=/sites/pwaprod/Pages/Thank%20you%20for%20your%20request.aspx>
 form, and we’ll talk!