Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [External] Re: [SECURITY] 2 factor authentication

From: "Gregg, Christopher S." <csgregg () STTHOMAS EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 14:53:28 +0000

We’re heading down a similar path with Microsoft MFA.

We have it enabled for everyone using Office365 as well as a number of apps connected to ADFS such as Banner (Admin and
very soon Self-Service) and Salesforce.  The plan is to enable MFA for other services connected to ADFS, and keep
migrating services to ADFS that aren’t already.

I am intrigued by the mention below of using MFA as identity verification at the help desk, since that is always a
challenge.  I’d like to hear more about how you do that and if your solution would be Duo specific.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Gregg
Associate Vice President of Information Security & Risk Management, CISO
Information Technology Services (ITS)
csgregg () stthomas edu<mailto:csgregg () stthomas edu>
p 1 (651) 962-6265
University of St. Thomas | stthomas.edu<https://www.stthomas.edu>