Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: 2 factor authentication

From: Chad Tracy <ctracy () BATES EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 22:20:12 -0400

I wanted to follow that logic when we deployed Duo across our campus, just
do it across the board... it didn’t turn out that way in the end. We opted
not to include some folks in dining and events - folks who work per diem or
on call. The reason being was that the turnover for those folks was so
great and many of them didn’t have smartphones which would have caused
those folks to use a fob... which probably would end up never being
returned.