Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Server asset inventory tool

From: Clark Gaylord <cgaylord () VT EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 12:22:35 -0400

Snipe-IT is pretty decent https://snipeitapp.com/ It is a cloud-based
inventory system. We use this more for general system (client and server)
inventory tracking. Cheap, works.

We also have a Netbox https://netbox.readthedocs.io/en/stable/ instance
that is also used for "inventory". Though it is more rack elevations, etc,
this is more often the best system of record for our server infrastructure.