Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Subject: HEISC Quarterly Update, March 2018

From: "Corn, Michael" <mcorn () UCSD EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 16:10:27 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Now that we’re well into 2018, we wanted to share the latest HEISC resources and upcoming events.

  *   Register for two EDUCAUSE Live! webinars in March! Surviving the Aftershocks of a Cyberattack: Coordination,
Communication, and Where to Get Help (March 8) and Introduction to the GDPR (March 9). Learn more on our Events
page<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program/events>.

  *   The 2018 Security Professionals Conference
program<https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2018/agenda> is now available. You still have
time to register, book your hotel, and make travel arrangements. We hope to see you April 10-12 in Baltimore!

  *   Are you using the
HECVAT<https://library.educause.edu/resources/2016/10/higher-education-cloud-vendor-assessment-tool>? If you’d like
your institution to be included on our website’s list of campuses using HECVAT, please complete this brief form:
https://goo.gl/forms/BJlson23HVDMy1Q63

  *   EDUCAUSE and URMIA are working on a webinar that will discuss cyber insurance following a discussion on the CIO
list. In the meantime, read our updated Cyber Liability Insurance
FAQ<https://library.educause.edu/resources/2015/9/cyber-liability-insurance-faq>.

  *   Stay informed about the EU
GDPR<https://library.educause.edu/topics/policy-and-law/eu-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr> with the latest
resources from EDUCAUSE and our partner organizations.

  *   In collaboration with Deloitte, EDUCAUSE recently published the paper Elevating Cybersecurity on the Higher
Education Leadership
Agenda<https://library.educause.edu/resources/2018/2/elevating-cybersecurity-on-the-higher-education-leadership-agenda>.

  *   Several new guest blogs have been published in the EDUCAUSE Review Security Matters
column<https://er.educause.edu/columns/security-matters> since the winter break - check them out!

As always, we look forward to hearing from you about any unique challenges you’re facing or potential resources you’d
like to see us tackle this year. We are ready to help!

Thank you,

Sharon Pitt and Mike Corn

Co-Chairs, Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC)

www.educause.edu/security<https://www.educause.edu/security>

Michael Corn | Chief Information Security Officer
mcorn () ucsd edu
University of California San Diego | ITS - Information Technology Services
10280 N. Torrey Pines Road, Suite 255 | La Jolla CA 92093 MC 0928
cybersecurity.ucsd.edu | esr.ucsd.edu