Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: How to reach college students about security?

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 14:24:56 +0000

I’m personally not a fan of using student orientation for awareness work.  Students are being overloaded with
information from many sources and they only really care about the basics of their schedule, figuring out where
everything is located, food, lodging, new roommates, transportation, etc.  Years ago I did some of that, but I think
the information retention rate for IT or security items during orientation is extremely low.

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security
University of Colorado