Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Tracking periodic tasks

From: Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham () PCT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:47:27 +0000

I have been looking for something like this also and have almost settled on needing to write our own since we have not
found anything that would do what we want. Standard calendar software with reoccurring tasks can take care of a big
piece but I wanted something that would be able to trigger tasks based on standard semester dates that vary every year.
Like "one week prior to the first day of fall classes do this...." Or "6 weeks after the first day of classes do
this...." Or "the first Monday of every month to this...."   With all of these configured to deal with that date
falling on weekend or holiday and with the ability to delegate to another person for a set period of time (like
vacation weeks). And be totally role based and not user based so a task like "Check for patches for all EMS software"
would go to the "EMS Server Support Admin" and not john.admin () pct edu<mailto:john.admin () xxx edu>