Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA Notices

From: Thomas Carter <tcarter () AUSTINCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 13:49:27 +0000

We block P2P as well, but I was curious about those who got pushback on it. Were legitimate use cases presented, or was
it more of a “reducing our freedom” type of argument? I realize there are some actual legal uses, but a vast majority
of the use cases I have seen are generally just alternatives to existing methods. I wanted to be better prepared for
the day we get pushback as well.

Thomas Carter
Network & Operations Manager
Austin College