Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Legal or compliance issues when providing children with network access

From: Steve Bohrer <skbohrer () SIMONS-ROCK EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:13:37 -0400

Does your institution receive E-rate funding, or have you decided that it is a good idea to follow these guidelines in
any case?

Steve Bohrer
Network Admin, ITS
Bard College at Simon's Rock
413-528-7645

On Jun 15, 2015, at 8:28 AM, Maurice F Mondesir <mfmondesir () VALDOSTA EDU> wrote:

I believe this applies:

https://www.fcc.gov/guides/childrens-internet-protection-act
<https://www.fcc.gov/guides/childrens-internet-protection-act>

We control what campus devices they use, segment the traffic, and have content filtering.  In the past we used
OpenDNS for filtering.

Maurice Mondesir
Information Security Associate
Valdosta State University
In God we trust. All others, we virus scan.